Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

Deer Hunter

Love to chase those deer.

Allex Michael: Saw a deer last night, munching grass in the park. Walking with the Rottweiler, Ebbey immediately did a spinning bark alert. I gave a sharp harsh no. Despite my reprimand, the Rotti gave a good bark and got a smack with my empty glove. Generally, when there is any kind of prey, neither dog pays any attention to me. Tonight, I got lucky and they both listened. Then we stood there quietly for a few seconds and watched the doe forage.

When Ebbey was first adopted, she chased several deer with a dog we were walking with. I started to run after the dogs, but could not keep them in my sight. After the other dog came back, I was pretty certain I'd lost Ebbey for good. Then several long minutes later, Ebbey returned unharmed. Deers can kill a dog, so I try to discourage this behavior.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?