Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Nail Saga Continues


My mistress has found a new way to torture me.

Allex Michael: Cutting Ebbey's nails remains a huge chore. The dog is so strong that even with an assistant sitting on her, she will not allow me to cut her fast growing black ridgeback nails. The last two times she tried to bite the assistant which is no laughing matter with a dog her size. When she started avoiding areas of the house where nail cutting may occur, I switched over to using a Dremel tool with a round sander. The first few times were very difficult, as she was fearful of the sound, but she reacts better when not held down. Sanding her back claws are easier and better tolerated than sanding the front ones. Plus, I'm better off alone as she would never dare bite me. Unlike the sharp cutters, there has never been any blood flow and one to two sandings per week seems to be breaking even on the nail growing front. Other than taking significantly longer, the only other drawback is airborne nail dust. It's not good for the respiratory tract, so I'm not sure what to do when winter comes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?