Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

Winter Weighty


Allex Michael: Only able to eat about 19 foods, due to allergies, I'm constantly trying to optimize Ebbey's diet. She's also become a more picky eater, and will vomit if her stomach is empty. Vomiting isn't all that bad for a dog, but you have to remember that Ebbey vomited up to 7 times a day when I first adopted her so I prefer to keep enough food in her stomach to avoid this.
I changed to a more fatty type of ground beef last fall, not only due to the price, but because dogs need some fat in their diet. Especially during the colder months of winter. My scales disappeared in the chaos that is my life, and I also became lazy about weighing Ebbey's food for every meal. As a result, the dog's weight soared to over 95 pounds (44kg). Fifteen pounds (7kg) more than she weighed the previous fall. Despite being on a diet for the last 4 weeks, she has not lost a single pound. This is the opposite problem I had after first adopting her, as I couldn't get her to gain weight. Will have to try harder.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?