Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

Coyote Pack


Coyotes do not belong in my territory!

Allex Michael: I took Ebbey and the Rottweiler for a late night walk. Crossing a pedestrian walkway, over the highway, two coyotes had the same idea from the other direction. Ebbey hates coyotes and began her rigid leg bark attack routine. So I guided both dogs back across the bridge with the coyotes lingering to watch. We stopped to watch them from a safe distance, but neither dog would look in their direction. Come to think of it, the coyote alarm (Ebbey) had also stopped barking. As I soon discovered, they were watching three additional coyotes who were crossing the highway to come around at us from another direction. The three of us can fend off two to three coyotes, but I prefer to retreat when they start ganging up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?