Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Unidentifiable Shadow

While my mistress is scared of the big black shadow and the rottweiler is eager to investigate, I’m still not sure if I want to see what it is.

Several times this summer, after dark, we’ve seen a large animal at a distance. Size wise it could be an extra large porcupine or a younger black bear. Once it was rummaging through someone’s flowers, another time it was sitting slumped over on a hill. We always see it at a distance and generally under poor lighting conditions. As a writer, my imagination can invent all kinds of unearthly explanations. Handling two large very strong canines, I don’t want to push my luck by venturing too close. So the creature’s identity remains unknown.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?